Services at Saint Ignatius of Antioch
Belfast, Northern Ireland
At the moment we do not have a resident Priest, we are prayerfully seeking a resident Priest for Saint Ignatius Of Antioch Orthodox church. Once a month Father David travels from Dublin to Belfast to serve the Liturgy on a Saturday, and Father John travels from Dublin to Belfast to serve Liturgy on a Sunday. When a Priest is not present we hold a Typika service on the Sunday. All services are in English.
The schedule of services in February and March are as follow:
*On weekends when there is no Divine Liturgy service, a lay-led service of Typika is usually served at 11.00am on the Sunday. Please check by contacting William Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 07853308484 at weekends or after 6pm.
March, April amd May Services
- Sunday 31st March 11:00am - Typika* (See above)
- Sunday 7th April: 11:00am - Divine Liturgy (Fr. John)
- Saturday 13th April: 11:00am - Divine Liturgy (Fr David)
- Sunday 21st April: 11:00am - Typika* (see above)
- Holy Pascha - see below
- Sunday 5th May: 11:00am - Typika* (see above)
- Sunday 12th May: 11:00am - Divine Liturgy (Fr John)
- Sunday 19th May: 11:00am - Typika* (see above)
- Saturday 25th May 11:00am - Divine Liturgy (Fr David)
Holy Week and Pascha
We will be holding services for Holy Week and Pascha at our usual venue of Grosvenor House.
- Holy Thursday evening (25 April): 7:30pm — The Twelve Gospels of the Passion
- Great and Holy Friday evening (26th April): 6:30pm Vespers of the Taking Down from the Cross. 7:30pm Lamentations at the Tomb
- Holy Saturday evening (27th April): 10:30pm - Rush Procession and Resurrection Matins followed by The Glorious Pascha Paschal Divine Liturgy.
The services of the parish of St Ignatius of Antioch are held at:
Belfast Central Mission
5 Glengal Street
Train: Great Victoria Street
Bus: Europa Bus Centre
Parking available at Grosvenor House.